Junior Credit Controller - flexible hours available
Tala is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of “Conservation Through Beauty,” Tala’s aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. Tala is more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
Tala is experiencing fantastic growth and we’re just getting started!
We are looking for an Junior Credit Controller who will play a key role as part of our Finance team, and in particular, ensure that accounts receivable runs smoothly. They will also work closely and in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams.
In this role you will be dealing with international collections, especially the US so preferably you will have international experience.
For this role you will need to be flexible with your hours - we are ideally looking for someone to work 11am to 8pm however there is some flexibility around this, for example you could work part of the day from our studio and then the evening from home. We are open to suggestions on what suits you!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Setting credit limits for new clients and reviewing limits of existing clients in light of payment performance
- Monitoring and controlling the collection of debts via telephone and letter, allocating cash received and maintaining the aged debtors reports
- Monitoring sales credit limits and discussing actions on near-limit situations to sales and operations managers
- Identify potential bad debts and generate reports to escalate to senior management. Manage the processing of credit notes in a timely manner ensuring that all relevant approval has been received.
- Liaising with sales staff, line managers and sales managers to resolve queries
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a proficient user of Excel
- Have previous experience working in Accounts Receivable and credit collections
- Be comfortable working with high volumes in a fast paced environment
- Have experience with USA collections
This is an excellent opportunity to get on board with an exciting SME, develop your skills further and work within a great culture and environment.
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Pension scheme
- Several team social events including at least 1 tree planting day, Summer and Christmas parties, weekly meditation session and Friday drinks.
- Office snacks and the occasional office doggie!
- Amazing office environment! We have worked very hard to transform our studio into a space that fosters creativity and wellbeing.