Account Manager - Wholesale US
LOCATION: New York
SALARY: Salary dependent on experience + commission and benefits
Tala is experiencing fantastic growth in the US market, and we are just getting started! This role requires an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to drive the development and growth of our New York based sales team. You will be responsible for the development and operation of sales in the region with the support of our UK team. A strong candidate will be able to leverage the momentum that we have already generated and strategically execute the business plan. We need people who are proactive, think laterally and take a structured approach to pipeline development.
- Generating sales: Working with Tala HQ to finesse and execute on the business plan for the region
- Relationship management: Develop and maintain excellent relationships with our partners to ensure ongoing success of team goals. Organizing product trainings, attending events and monitoring sales representatives in the region.
- Process improvement: Continually evaluate lead generation and sales approach to increase effectiveness of the team
- Reporting: Provide regular team reports to management and be able to speak clearly and concisely to sales trends and focus areas based on data
- Goal setting: Partner with leadership to align territory goals and metrics.
- Maintaining CRM tools, account maps and client base
- Working closely and collaboratively with other teams to communicate sales information
- Working as a brand ambassador for Tala across the USA
- Growing and managing a team: You will be integral to talent acquisition, training and retention.
- Strong sales experience, preferably in the design or hardware sector.
- Self-motivated & passionate with ability to work effectively in a high intensity & collaborative sales environment.
- Enjoy travelling and seeking out new opportunities.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts.
- Proven track record to meet or exceed, team and individual, targets and goals
- Positive and energetic presentation skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools and CRM applications
- Proven ability to build and develop a network of clients and experience projecting sales numbers
- Must have or be able to obtain any required state sales licenses in your sales territory
- Valid state driver’s license required
If you have a good understanding of the lighting industry, a passion for design & sustainability and feel you can be a brand ambassador for Tala, we’d like to hear from you.