Contract Sales Manager
Tala is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of “Conservation Through Beauty,” Tala’s aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. Tala is more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to drive the growth of our contract business in the UK. This role will require actively building and developing relationships with lighting designers, consultants and architects, including contractors, clients and buyers. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly proactive, shares our ethos, and is able to hit the ground running.
This role will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing and developing key contract/specification accounts to maximise growth and revenue
- Proactively sourcing and onboarding new accounts
- Delivering a structured network for the A&D community in the UK
- Managing, developing and motivating a team to drive core strategy and channel expansion
- Developing and providing accurate forecasts, alongside a structured business plan for your respective territory.
- Channel analysis, benchmarking and goal setting
- Client negotiation and creatively approaching / solving problems
- Managing projects through all stages to completion
- Organising and delivering product training (both in house and remotely)
- Organising and attending sales related events
- Maintaining CRM tools, account maps and client base
- Working closely and collaboratively with other teams across Tala
- Ensuring healthy S&OP processes
- Business development or account management experience, preferably in the lighting industry
- Commercially-minded and able to develop accounts through strong relationships
- Robust communication and presentation skills
- Ability to strategize high-level while maintaining a focus on processual details
- An independent worker able to think for themselves whilst collaborating with other teams
- Pipeline management and CRM experience
- Ambitious with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure
- A motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
- Salary dependent on experience + commission
- Pension scheme
- Several team social events including at least 1 tree planting day, Summer and Christmas parties, weekly meditation session and Friday drinks.
- Office snacks and the occasional office doggie!
- Amazing office environment! We have worked very hard to transform our studio into a space that fosters creativity and wellbeing.