Tala is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of “Conservation Through Beauty,” Tala’s aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. Tala is more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
We’re on the hunt for a full-time Graphic Designer to bring our ethos to life across a variety of touch points as an integral part of the Brand team.
As a proactive and autonomous doer, you will have a holistic command of the brand and its visual identity, from digital design and moving image to print, packaging, visual merchandising and photoshoots. This is an exciting opportunity to marry a strategic approach with creative implementation to support the company’s commercial objectives and ensure brand longevity.
The breakdown of the role is as follows:
- Establishing and interpreting briefs for a wide variety of multi-disciplinary campaigns
- UI design for website pages, email templates and digital content, from research and wireframing to design and delivery
- Creating visual identities for new product launches to be implemented across packaging, VM, exhibitions and marketing campaigns
- Creative direction and storyboarding for all content production, from photoshoots to social media campaigns
- Coming up with design solutions that are consistent with the brand identity for a variety of internal needs
- Acting as guardian of the brand and all its elements
- Selecting, briefing and managing external suppliers when necessary
- Briefing, managing and mentoring Graphic Designer
- 2+ years experience in creative field
- Demonstrable ability of applying design thinking to produce creative solutions to commercial problems
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and InVision or similar digital design tools
- Confidence using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Understanding of responsive design across Web, Android and iOS
- Experience of wire framing and site mapping
- Working knowledge of graphic design and sending materials to print
- Prior experience of managing designers
- Prior experience in budget management
- Interest in lighting design and sustainability
- Appetite for testing new ideas, collaboration and learning on the go
- Salary dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- Several team social events including at least 1 tree planting day, Summer and Christmas parties, weekly meditation session and Friday drinks.
- Office snacks and the occasional office dog
- Amazing office environment! We have worked very hard to transform our studio into a space that fosters creativity and wellbeing.