Quality Control Engineer - China
Tala is looking for an experienced Quality Control Engineer in Dongguan, China. Tala will provide a full training on products and compliance. In this role, you will be responsible for the full quality inspection across all Tala products including new components/products, monitoring the factory production, making sure all the products delivered on-time according to Tala standards and reporting directly to the Supply Chain Director. This role will be based in Dongguan Guangdong, however you will be required to travel across China for this position.
- Work with the Tala Design/Engineering/Operations teams to create and maintain quality and reliability standards and documentation across new and existing product ranges.
- Create, maintain and analyse AQL (acceptable quality level) reports and documentation.
- Work closely with key supplier management staff, technicians and operators to implement and maintain Tala specific quality standards.
- Establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements.
- Maintaining regular communication with Tala Design/Engineering/Operation team members on all key quality issues.
- Work with Operations team to track and monitor key in bound deliveries.
- Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Undertaking Tala specific factory audits in order to feedback likely quality standards and determine manufacturing feasibility.
- Enforce and ensure all the products shipped to Tala are compliant with relevant regulatory standards (i.e. CE, UL, EMC, RoHS, LVD etc.)
- Manage and monitor upward material supply chain.
- Maintain and develop manufacturing relationships in APAC.
- Proven experiences in QC, QA and production management
- Full working knowledge of key lighting and manufacturing regulations and standards. (Including EN60598, UL5098, CE, CB, CCC).
- Engineering background within lighting.
- Training in QC, QA
- On-site monitoring and management skills
- Fluent in Chinese with good English speaking and writing skills
- Advanced skills in MS office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational and leadership abilities
- Research and sourcing skills
- Chinese driving license
- Degree in design, engineering and supply chain management preferred
- Willing to learn and accept new challenges