Tala is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of “Conservation Through Beauty,” Tala’s aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. Tala is more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
Tala is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Financial Controller to join a fast growing design and manufacturing brand in East London. This is a key role for the company. Our ideal Financial Controller doesn’t just manage our books and make our ends meet but help drive the company forward.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing others, developing exceptional talent, and encouraging the team to challenge assumptions
- Implementing policies and new finance systems
- Create a “learn by doing” environment by engaging with other Team members and managers
- Managing weekly and monthly financial activities, including forecasting, planning and reporting
- Monitoring compliance
- Production of timely management accounts and board reports
- Tight control over cash flow & working capital of the business
- Ownership of the budget and forecasting process
- Maintaining robust internal controls & financial reporting procedures
- Sales ledger / purchase ledger
- Responsible for VAT & Corporate Tax reporting requirements
- Working alongside the management team to assist in meeting commercial objectives
- KPI reporting & monitoring
- Significant input into strategic planning and business development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/ Business
- Accredited accountancy qualification (ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller
- Recent experience reporting with NetSuite is desirable
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Knowledge of UK and US Tax
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Proven expertise in financial management, evaluation and swift analysis; always providing meaningful reporting.
- Proven ability as a manager of strategic relationship with business partners: you influence decisions
- In spite of occasional conflicting priorities, you always provide level-headed advice and guidance
- Highly analytical. Strong attention to details and good communication skills
- Hardworking and flexible approach
- Positive and supportive attitude
- Right to work in UK
- Salary dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- Several team social events including at least 1 tree planting day, Summer and Christmas parties, weekly meditation session and Friday drinks.
- Office snacks and the occasional office dog
- Amazing office environment! We have worked very hard to transform our studio into a space that fosters creativity and wellbeing.